Groups that wish to receive equipment from the Tenth District must submit an online application and agree to comply with the Guidelines and restrictions. The equipment provided is the property of the City of Los Angeles and must be returned. Due to the volume of requests received, the 10th District cannot accommodate all requests. Each submission, however, will be given careful and due consideration, and a follow-up response will be provided within 10 business days of receipt of the online submission.
- Equipment is provided as a courtesy of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mark Ridley-Thomas to support organizations within the 10th Council District.
- Requests for equipment must be submitted to the office at least 4 weeks in advance of the date that the equipment is needed.
- Equipment is only provided to non-sectarian, Internal Revenue Code 501 © non-profits organizations operating within the 10th District.
- Equipment will only be approved once per year per organization.
- Equipment requested for an individual or private event will not be considered.
- Equipment cannot be used at an event promoting a religion or religious belief.
Process For Review
Upon receipt of the request:
- An email confirmation will be sent.
- The organization will be contacted within 10 business days of receipt of the request.
- 10th District Staff will request a cost estimate for the equipment.
- The request and cost estimate will be reviewed and the requester will be notified of approval or denial.
Due to the high volume of requests, the Councilmember’s office may not be able to accommodate your request even if the criteria outlined are met.